Under California state law as set forth in Proposition 8, you are entitled to a temporary reduction in property taxes when the value of your property falls below the assessed value.
Due to the current fluctuations in the real estate market, the value of your property could unfortunately be lower than your current assessed value. However, at EGL Properties, we see this as an opportunity for you to save money on property taxes.
EGL Properties is pleased to announce a new service, where we would interface with the County to reduce your property taxes. As part of this service, EGL would:
- Complete an evaluation of your property’s assessed value recorded in the county tax rolls
- Perform a market analysis of your property’s current value
- Prepare the application for submission to the Assessor and the Assessment Appeals Board, as needed
- Handle all communications with the board and the county appraisers
- Represent you at the hearing before the Assessment Appeals Board, if necessary
Because this is a service only offered to clients, or referrals by clients, EGL does not ask for any money upfront. We simply would invoice you for 50% of any money you save.
If you are interested in this service, please contact me at (310) 481-0922 x 223 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be happy to discuss this further.